Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Freedom!

I am now officially finished my mid-terms. I had my oral presentation today of the History of the French Renaissance and I got 18+/20. So that encourages me that I'm not as bad at speaking French than I thought!

By the end of this month it will be mid-November! How crazy is that? I am very excited for Christmas time, as the city of Strasbourg is starting to put up many decorations in preparation for the "Marché de Nöel" (Christmas market) that starts November 25th. In the old city there is Kleber square, and they have just erected a MASSIVE pine Christmas tree! I can't wait for the city to be alive with lights!

Christmas for me this year will be exciting but also a bit weird. I am not coming home for Christmas, but traveling to Glasgow Scotland to visit my Grandma Anderson's cousin Harry Donald and his wife Catherine. They are in their 80's and this year they are having Christmas at their daughter Moira and son-in-law John's house. Harry & Catherine's granddaughter Amanda is my age, so it will be great to meet her and to see everyone again. I have only met Harry & Catherine once before while in Scotland (1999 I think) for Highland dancing, but I feel as though I've known them forever since Harry and I are email buddies!

On the 27th of December I'll fly to London, England with Moira and the girls and this is where we will part ways, as they are going to a theater production and I will meet up with my friend Chelsea. I will stay with Chelsea in her cousin's flat and we will celebrate New Year's there! I am very excited about this Christmas adventure!

I will have to post pictures of my Switzerland trip soon (tonight hopefully).

I hope all is well in Canada!

P.S. AS OF NOW YOU DON'T HAVE TO MAKE AN ACCOUNT TO COMMENT ON THE POSTS. I changed the settings, so now anyone can comment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EWIN! congrats on your exams and i really like that little quizzer thinger on the side.

your christmas plans sound super snazz, so have so much fun!

and defo post pictures of switzerland when you get the chance.

when do your christmas holidays start?...and when dyou go back to class afterwards?

have fun!
-alie

Anonymous said...

Erin,

What an uplifting moment to read about your travels and experiences in such an amazing location. I wish you all the luck and magic possible for memorable times in your studies and travels in Europe.

It sounds as though you are really "seizing the day" and relishing in the opportunites coming forth.

Go get 'em Erin.

Your fan,

Mr. W
QBMS